I wake up every day in Moshi to see a gigantic rock covered in snow – the magnificent Mount Kilimanjaro. I was born and raised here and therefore I am used to seeing its beauty from a far. But one thing that happened under its watch is that I was sexually abused multiple times by three neighbors from the age of six. That was over 20 years ago. As a survivor, I have tackled the mountains of pain, guilt, silence, and shame. Yet today, more children are continuing to experience abuse and violence due to the silence, stigma, and shame involved.
This is why I am climbing mount Kilimanjaro on the last week of November this year. My goal is twofold;
1. To raise awareness on abuse and violence prevalent in my community
2. To raise funds to support abuse and violence prevention program in 35 schools in Kilimanjaro
Want to Join?
- You can join us on the climb this November – send us an email to join me in conquering the mountain together and make our voices heard.
- You can join us as a champion of this campaign.
- You can Donate to this campaign.